LVKCC Minutes – December 10, 2020
Place – Zoom meeting
General Membership Meeting
Executive Committee Members:
President – Pat Beltz Vice President – Dan Morton
Recording Secretary – Mike Swartley Treasurer – Rita Snyder
Membership Secretary – Jill Evans
Members at Large – Gery Kirkner & Sheldon Linn
Webmaster – Dan Rempp
Educational Instruction Coordinator – Scott Douglas
Total members present: 16
Pat Beltz called the general membership meeting to order at 7:10 pm.
A motion was made to accept the November general membership meeting minutes as posted on the club website.
MP – Dan Rempp MS – Dave Dawson P – All O – None
November Account Balances:
Checking Account: $ 9392.83
Savings Account: $ 14305.31
PayPal Account: $ 405.95
Total All Accounts: $ 24104.09
Comments on Treasurer’s Report. None
CC Hopf asked if going on a trip is one still responsible if they cancel? Response: This is true only if there was a replacement (one member got COVID, but spot was filled by another)
A motion was made to accept the November Financial Report.
MP – Jill Evans MS – CC Hopf P – All O – None
Jill Evans presented the following membership statistics:
Memberships for 2021:
Total Members 202135
Total Individual Memberships19
Total Individual Lifetime 4
Total Dues To-Date $ 300.00
Total Family Memberships6
Total Family Lifetime 1
Total Dues To-Date $ 100.00
Memberships for 2020, including those who joined for 2021 –
Total Members 2020 303
Total Individual Memberships151
Total Individual Lifetime 4
Total Family Memberships 56
Total Family Lifetime 1
1308 subscribers to Meetup
2128 members of the Facebook group.
Jill shared on the screen an email “Welcome Letter” for new members that she developed.
Dan Rempp is the LVKCC Facebook page Administrator.
Dan reported a Facebook post was removed as it was not related to our club
A reminder is to be sent out to all members to renew their memberships
Pat reported there will be no pool sessions. Talked to YMCAs, local colleges, etc.
Will run Recreation, Open Water and Moving Water classes but still TBD
In class part to be done by Zoom
Will use Pat’s Pond and a lake.
– Beltzville on weekends is busy. Will also need an LOA
– Nockamixon lessons would be under LOA.
– A limit of 10 students
Regarding Club Events at State Parks, Dan would like by February dates for trips and instruction.
– Have 5 moonlight paddles in mind
– Also 3 instructional trips
– Up to 10 events per year at each state park
Training for ACA Level 1 and Level 2 TBD. To be discussed with Scott and Steve Johnson.
This meeting marks the transition of New Officers from last year
Update Bank Records/State Notice Jan 2021
Holiday Party was cancelled due to COVID
Status of Jan 2021 Budget – for review Jan 2021 meeting
– Set aside $500 for Icebreaker Social Gathering
Executive Committee meeting January 7th, a Thursday, at 7pm by Zoom
Jack Elias suggested the Facebook and Meetup sites have announcements about joining the club. Assigned to Dan Rempp.
Create an Instagram and use club camera. The goal is attract a wider audience and a younger audience.
– We have a number of accounts: Facebook, Meetup, the website, email, etc.
– Need approval to create account. Item for Executive Board.
– Dan Morton to present the need for Instagram at the Jan Mtg
Business cards: Need to print more. Include a QR code which a prospective member can just take a picture and get our information.
– More Club stickers too (the elliptical ones).
– Paddler stickers also
– Boat identification stickers for hand out at events (Dan to contact Scott)
– Send stickers and QR coded business cards out with membership
– There was some discussion that everyone who was a member in 2020 will receive a renewal notice via mass email. There will also be a Facebook notice to renew or signup for 2021 Membership.
– For those that have already renewed their membership for 2021 they will receive a letter with the paddle stickers, club sticker boat ID sticker and registration form.
– Would this go in welcome pack in a mass mailing in January?
– Standard mailing with estimated cost TBD ?
– Table until Executive meeting
Discussion on having a link on the website for an online E-store with club merchandise. However we have no place to store merchandise and no shopping cart set up.
Education Committee – Scott Douglas
Program Committee – Vacant
Hospitality Committee – Bob Brunda
FEW Dam – Scott Douglas, Skip Moyer
Policy Committee – Dave Dawson, Pat Beltz
Trip/Calendar of Events Committee – Gery Kirkner
– Hospitality Committee Members needed. Bob Brunda is only person on the committee. Any member can join. Contact Pat Beltz or Bob.
– Program Committee Chairperson Needed.
– Club members are welcome to join the committees. If interested, contact a member of the committee.
– Any member that feels a new committee should be formed can contact any member of the executive board. It will be discussed at the next club meeting.
Executive Committee Meeting January 7, 2021
February / March meetings might be with Zoom
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting.
MP – Paula MS – Dan P – All O – None
The meeting was adjourned at 8:21 pm.
Respectfully submitted: Mike Swartley– Recording Secretary