LVKCC Minutes – November 3, 2022

Place – Wildlands Conservancy
General Membership Meeting
Executive Committee Members:
President – Dan Morton Vice President – Rachel Connolly
Recording Secretary – Mike Swartley Treasurer – Rita Snyder
Membership Secretary – Jill Evans
Members at Large – Gery Kirkner and Bob Brunda
Non-Executive Members
Webmaster – Dan Rempp
Education Instruction Coordinator – Scott Douglas
Total members present: 26
The meeting was opened at 7:04pm with a very interesting presentation by Ryan O. on Kayaking with Nature. We learned best times to observe wildlife, how to photograph, and how to identify birds.

The business meeting started at 7:45 pm..

Nominations Committee and Election of Officers
Pat Beltz reported the following nominations for the following positions. No
additional nominations were made.
President – Dan Morton was elected to return.
MP – All O – None
Vice President – Rachel Connolly was elected to return.
MP – All O – None
Recording Secretary – Mark Bereit was elected.
MP – All O – None
Treasurer – Rita Snyder was elected to return.
MP – All O – None
Membership Secretary – Joanne Novak voted into office.
MP – All O – 1
Members at Large – Nic Heshelman and Bob Brunda were elected.
MP – All O- None

Free Stuff

Sheldon offered several DVDs and books on the subject of kayaking for free.
One item was placed in the Education Committee’s library.

Secretary’s Report

A motion was made to accept the October 13, 2022 meeting as posted on the
club website.
MP – Rita MS – Dan Rempp P – All O – None

Treasurer’s Report

The October report was provided.
A motion was made to approve the the Treasurer’s report.
MP – Jill MS – Mark P – All O – None
Insurance bill is due. Since we now have a trailer with its insurance, the
insurance bill is higher. Due date is November 11th, 2022.

Membership Report

Jill provided the following membership statistics as of end of October 2022:
Total Members 2022: 389
Total Individual Memberships: 180
Total Individual Lifetime 4
Total Family Memberships 73
Total Family Lifetime 1
Total Memberships 253
Total Lifetime: 5
3362 members of the Facebook group
1511 subscribers to Meetup
As of November 1st we have started to receive 2023 memberships.

Webmaster’s Report

Dan Rempp reported our new website is now live and working.
Paypal feature works!
The ability to edit is on a learning curve. is supporting editing at this

Education Instructor Coordinator Report

Two more classes are to be run before end of the year. See Meetup.
A first-timers trip on the Toh will be offered on the afternoon of November 5th. An
advanced intermediate class will also be offered on November 6th.
Scott reported the Education Committee will meet in mid-November 11, 12, 18 or
19 to discuss the annual report and to plan next year’s classes. The report and plan
will be presented for consideration at the Executive meeting in January. Meeting is
might be at Scott’s house.
Scott suggested that the club again pay for meals for those who taught in the
previous year. Rita reported there is $200 budgeted.

Main Topics

Old Business

Walnutport Canal Festival

The Walnutport Canal Festival was held Sunday October 16th from noon to 4pm.
Dan Rempp reported we had 127 people in canoes!

Fall trip

A success! Kayak games and a great weekend on our return to Camp

Pool Committee

Back to Rodale Aquatic Center for 2023! We will have the large pool, the small
pool, locker rooms, lobby and classrooms.
We will have 10 sessions all Saturdays starting Jan 21st through March 25th
8:30am to 1pm. We will be able to have the pool at 9am.
Total cost $6750 (10×4.5hoursx$150). 50% of cost is due December. 50% at end
of sessions.
Kimberly Adams is the lifeguard.
Will be working with the Education Committee to set up detailed schedule. Look
for a posting by end of this year.
Volunteer sign ups are needed per Dan Rempp. Specifically we need volunteers
at the check-in desk and boat checkers.
Note: The TOH is typically the 3rd weekend in March 18. May need to deconflict.

Reimbursement for Certification

Motion made to reimburse Josh Smith for L4 Certification costs.
MP – Linda MS – Mark P – All O – None

Tohickon Release Welcome

A discussion was held on having a hospitality tent at the takeout on Saturday
November 5th. Scott will set up tent and bring tables, chairs, grill, etc. Dan Rempp will
bring the Club EZ Up tent. There will need to be volunteers to man the tent. Two shifts
are proposed from 11am-1pm and from 1pm-3pm.
Scott, Dan Rempp, Rachel, Nic, Gery and others have volunteered.
Motion made $50 for hot dogs and buns but no beverages for Tohickon Release.
MP – Rita MS – Dan Rempp P – All O – None

New Business

Holiday Party in December

December 3rd at East Bath Rod and Gun Club! Doors open at 5:00pm
Fairview is repeating as our caterer. A survey will be sent out soon and menu
options should be available. BYOB.
PayPal menu will need to be modified.
Non-members welcome
Costs have increased. Motion made to increase cost per person from $15 to
MP – Linda MS -Rita P – All O – None

Penn Slalom Donation

The Penn Slalom Committee asked us to contribute $99.25 for cost of trophies,
Motion to donate $100 to Penn Cup.
MP – Skip MS- Scott P-All O – None

Free Family Membership

A motion was made for a Lifetime Family Membership was made to Bill Amey
of Nature’s Way to thank him for all his support of club activities over the years..
MP – Linda MS- Skip P-All O – None

Current Committees

White Haven Put In Committee
No report

Spring Trip Committee
No report.

Program Committee
No report

Team River Runners
No Report

Little Lehigh Slalom Committee
No report

Upcoming Meetings/Events

November Election of Officers on 3rd – Wildlands Conservancy
Tohickon First-timers November 5 noon
Tohickon Advanced class November 6
Education committee TBA
December Holiday Party on 3rd at East Bath Rod and Gun Club. Doors open
at 5:00pm.


January 5th TBD: Exec Board Meeting with Budget approval, location TBD
21st Pool Sessions begin
February 2nd Meeting, Wildlands; speaker TBD
March 2nd Meeting Wildlands; speaker TBD
25th Pool sessions end
April 6th Meeting
May 4th Meeting
June 8th Meeting
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting.
MP – Sheldon MS – Scott MP – All O – None
The meeting was adjourned at 8:57pm.
Respectfully submitted: Mike Swartley– Recording Secretary